You've just found a sample librarian resume worthy of Daniel-Woodrell.
Because you need it?
There are only 143,500 librarian jobs in the US Compare that to three million nurses or one million teachers.
To land your dream job, your resume must stand out like Arturo Bandini's.
No problem. This library summary does the job.
In this guide you will find:
- A librarian resume is better than most.
- How to write a library resume that stands out from the pile.
- How to tailor the librarian job description to get hired.
- Why can't you justlistlibrarian skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a successful resume like this one.Try our resume builder with20+ resume templates and create your resume now.
Create your resume now
What users are saying about ResumeLab:
Yesterday I had an interview and the first thing they said to me on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.
PatricioI love the variety of models. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
dylanMy old resume was very weak and I spent hours tweaking it in Word. Now I can introduce any change in minutes. Absolutely wonderfull!
Create your resume now
Do you want to open up more job opportunities? See our guides:
- Academic Resume Examples
- CV Examples for Art Teachers
- Assistant Teacher Resume Examples
- Educational Resume Examples
- Examples of resumes for teachers of English
- ESL Teacher Resume Examples
- Freshman Teacher Resume Examples
- High School Teacher Resume Examples
- CV Examples for Mathematics Teachers
- Teacher Resume Examples
- Examples of Undergraduate Research Resume
- Writer CV Examples
Did not find what you are looking for? look at all ourCV Examples
Sample Librarian Resume You Can Copy and Use
Forward-thinking librarian with 5+ years of experience updating a busy urban library. Looking to support the rich public service in St. Louis. At the Carondelet Library, he managed 9 assistants and reduced interlibrary loan processing time by 35% with the new loan process.
- Directed 9 assistant librarians to perform all support and operations in a busy urban library with robust physical and digital programs.
- Trained 5 assistant librarians in best practices for digital and physical cataloging and lending. Achieved 95% performance on objectives.
- Processed user transactions and loans to other libraries.
- He led an effort to track and identify unused books. Replaced the bottom 10% of unused works with books on demand within 6 months.
- Collaborated with 5 voluntary organizations to promote the use of the library. Increased community use of the library by 20%.
- Children's story hours redesigned to save employees 4 hours per month. At the same time, it increased its stake by 25%.
- Implemented a new interlibrary loan system that reduced processing time by 35% and saved staff more than 10 hours per month.
Acres of Doran, St. Louis, Missouri
- Stored and managed an internal resource library of more than 250 popular paperback, hardcover, eBook and employee media titles.
- Cataloging system created to guarantee the immediate return of materials.
- I managed the archiving and distribution of the company's training materials.
Master in Library Science
University of Missouri
- 3,89 GPA
- Wrote a master's thesis on digital library architecture.
Bachelor of Liberal Arts
Relevant course:The political history of the English language, etymology and the Oxford English dictionary, magical realism in modern literature, darkness in American literature.
- President of the Westminster College Student Book Club.
- Member of the Student Literature Discussion Group.
2019 — "The Role of Libraries in the Digital Age" in St. Louis Today
2018 — "How digital lending is rocking Amazon" in The Boston Globe
Hard Skills:computer skills, cataloging, OPALS, searching, Handy Library Manager
Interpersonal skills:interpersonal skills, customer service, organization, attention to detail
Here's how to write a librarian resume that tracks your unemployment:
1. Use the correct librarian resume format
That is important.
The hiring manager wants any excuse to throw your resume out of the library.
Don't give him one.
Start with a cleaningresume formatthat oozes professionalism.
Use these tips:
Librarian Resume Format
- create aone page resumefor librarian jobs.
- List the above functions inreverse chronological resume order.
- use asource resumelike 11–14pt Didot or Helvetica.
- Add blank spaces to make your resume a joy to read.
- Includeresume sectionsfor title, resume, employment history, education and skills.
Expert tip:Resumes in PDFthey are better because they display well on all screens. Have you heard that ATS recruitment software can't read them? You heard wrong, times have changed.
2. Write a Librarian Resume Objective or Summary
The hiring manager, let's call her Sue. She's busy.
You immediately want to know if your librarian resume is worth it.
Respond with a resounding "Yes!"
As? With a worthy Tolstoycareer purpose statementoRace Summary.
- an adjective(advanced and creative thinking)
- Years of experience(1+, 5+)
- What are you going to do and for whom?(Support the rich public service at the St. Louis Public Library...)
- Best CV Achievements(reduce interlibrary loan processing time by 35%...)
Check out these sample librarian resumes:
Librarian Resume Summary: Example
Both librarian resume examples promise the same thing.
But number 1 shows a success story of more than 5 years, 9 assistants and 35% time savings.
Is your experience as a librarian still on the shelf?
Check out these sample basic resumes for librarian jobs:
Entry-Level Librarian Curriculum Goal
Both entry-level library resume examples are the same candidate.
The first shows evidence of skills.
3. Tailor your librarian job description and skills
What skills go on a resume for librarian jobs?
One isresume skills list:
Librarian Curriculum Skills
Dewey decimal system
Attention to details
Handy Library Manager
Don't file everything into a librarian job resume. This is an obvious maneuver.
Instead, create apersonalized resumeasresume keywordsadvertise the job.
These librarian resume examples show how to:
For a job that requires skills intraining,transaction processing,collaboration, miinterlibrary loans:
Librarian job description for a resume [sample]
The first of these library resume examples is based on the needs of the job posting.
The second one isn't, and it's missing juicy numbers like 9, 5, 95%, etc. God is on the details!
If you are writing aresume for beginning candidates, works the same magic with a twist.
Check out these sample resumes for beginning school librarians. The job they want needs skills inhalf,Cataloging, mitraining.
School Librarian Resume Job Description [Sample]
The first school librarian curriculum of its kind is material from the Boston Public Library.
The second is not horrible. Even collaboration and customer service are good transferable librarian skills. But it lacks numbers that add strength.
Expert tip:In accordance withlook fortheyReview of referral services,librarians are a new point of contact to help patrons understand and use technology. If you have technology experience and teaching skills, show them on your library resume.
The ResumeLab generator is more than just looks. Get targeted content to increase your chances of landing the job. Add job descriptions, tags, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in ourresume builder now.
CREATE YOUR CURRICULUM NOW
Nail everything with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and make your skills stand out in just a few clicks. You are the perfect candidate and we are going to prove it. use ourresume builder now.
4. Show your education in the right light
If you can't show youreducation on a resumefor library work, wherehe can¿you?
But there is a key way to do this.
Once again, we return to the skills in the online list.
Check out this sample school librarian resume:
Librarian resume example - Education
We add skills like digital library architecture and leadership. If they're in the job ad, you're a shoe!
Expert tip:Beginning librarians can write longer educational sections. A class, a group of students, or a project may have its own markers that demonstrate the librarian's skills.
5. Add "Other" Sections to Your School Librarian Resume
Think about that:
Hiring managers can't say much about you on your resume.
Do you have passion? Personality?
Your education and experience will not answer that.
Show them with "other" sections in your library's syllabus.
- Certifications and licenses(ALA, state, etc.)
- Associations or groups (ACRL Discussion Groups, etc.)
- awards and honors
- complementary activities
Check out these sample librarian resumes:
Librarian Curriculum - Other Sections
East meets West.
The first of these sample librarian curriculums is the Alice-Walker level. Show energy and passion.
Expert tip:Write a cover letterfor your resume for librarian jobs. Show enthusiasm for the library or school. Add 2-3 key pieces of evidence that your skills are strong.
Double your impact with a combination resume and cover letter. use ourcover letter generatorand have your application documents appear.
CREATE YOUR BUSINESS CARD NOW
Do you want to try a different look? There are 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Choose onecover letter template here.
Here's how to write a librarian resume:
- Use a librarian resume template. Fill it with his best library accomplishments.
- Add Librarian Skillssuch as cataloging and interlibrary loan management. Use numbers to show competence.
- Writing a Librarian Resume Objectiveas a quick look at the best parts of your resume.
- Add other sectionslike ACRL newsgroups or articles you've written to give your resume an extra boost.
Do you have questions about how to write good resumes for librarian jobs?I'm not sure how to put librarianabouta summary? Leave a comment. We will be happy to answer!