Restaurant kitchens feel like a second home to you. You are passionate about cooking, complicated recipes and culinary trends. Your dream is to be a chef one day, but you know you have to work to get there. The first step? A kitchen hand job.
Now you need to write a resume as a kitchen helper to be invited for an interview. But what do you start with? This is not taught in a culinary school. Our tip? Don't worry and read our guide.
In this article you will find:
- An example kitchen help resume that will get you an interview.
- Guidelines for writing successful job descriptions and qualification sections.
- Useful rules for formatting your document.
- Tips on how to include hobbies and sidelines on your kitchen hand resume.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes?Try our resume builder. It's fast and easy to use. You also get ready-to-add content with one click.Check out 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Create your resume now
Example resume created with our builder—Check out more templates and create your resume here.
Interested in more resume examples? Check out the following articles:
- Sample chef resume
- Sample bartender resume
- Sample customer service resume
- Example administrative assistant resume
- Sample resume with data entry
kitchen helper resume template
+61 748 444 444
Hardworking and organized kitchen helper with +3 experience in restaurant kitchen maintenance. Capable of working under pressure and complying with the highest safety and hygiene standards. You can prepare more than 50 dishes a day. Passionate about Italian cuisine and committed to excellent customer service. I would like to use my skills to support the Kitchen Lounge BoH team in providing the best cuisine and customer service in Sydney.
Restaurante Italian House, Sydney
January 2021 – today
- Assist the chef in preparing dishes: chopped vegetables, cooked pasta, prepared pizza dough.
- Contribution to the development of the menu to meet current culinary trends, ensuring a customer satisfaction rate > 90% for the quality of the food and variety of the menu offered.
- Enter more than 90 orders a day into the restaurant's system so they can be forwarded to the kitchen staff.
- Restock kitchen supplies and make shopping lists for delivery.
- Kitchen cleaning and waste disposal in accordance with local waste segregation regulations.
- Handling the dishwasher: loading and unloading crockery, cutlery and glasses.
Ragu Pasta & Weinbar, Sydney
December 2019 - December 2020
- Serving food in required portions and placing ready-made orders on serving trays.
- Prepared salads, toppings and sauces from scratch.
- Regularly filled beverage containers.
- Clean kitchen and appliances.
- Washed dishes and kitchen utensils.
Bacharel em Artes em culinary art
September 2014 - August 2018
- Recipes and menu planning
- meal preparation
- Italian cuisine
- Operation of kitchen appliances
- cleaning and disinfection
- Customer service
- team work
- Certified Kitchen Operation II, February 2020
- English: native speaker
- Espanol: B2
- Italian cuisine
- mountain bike
Did you like this resume for kitchen helper? Find the perfect formula below:
1. Format your kitchen hand resume correctly
AKitchen helperassists the chef in the kitchen, helps keep the kitchen clean and organized, and ensures it is regularly restocked. The purpose of a kitchen help resume is to show your potential employer that you are the best candidate for the job.
Recruiters read hundreds of resumes every day, most of which are pretty straightforward. To grab recruiters' attention, you need to make sure yourresume formatis one step ahead of its competition. To get your kitchen hand resume in the right format, follow the rules below:
- Add your contact information (first name, last name, phone number, email address) at the top of the document. Feel free to add the links to your professional social media profiles such as LinkedIn.
- Use chronological order to let your experience shine.
- Set the margins to 1 inch on each side and the line spacing to 1-1.15.
- Remember to align the text to the left, do not use justification.
- Use a professional 12 point font such asArial, Calibri or Helvetica.
- Save your document in PDF format.
Pro tip:simple resume templatesare an excellent and time-saving solution for candidates who find it difficult to format their resume manually. All you need to do is fill out a kitchen handler resume template with information about your work experience, education and skills and you're all set!
2. Write a memorable resume for your kitchen helper resume
A resume summary, also known as a personal statement, is a small section at the beginning of the document that provides an overview of your professional experience, qualifications and skills. You want to nail this section like a nailA well-written kitchen help resume summary can convince the hiring manager to go ahead with your application.
How to write it:
- Start with your strongest character traits– To decide which ones to include in your kitchen hand resume summary, read your job posting and see what qualities are desired by your potential employer.
- Provide your current job title and work experience.
- List your professional accomplishments, describe the results of your actions, andShow your impact with numbers.
If you want to write aResume for kitchen help with no experience, choose oneretake targetinstead of a resume summary. That's how it's done:
- Start again with your strong attributes and add 2-3 key skills.
- Describe your professional goals andBriefly explain what you want to do for the company(Remember to use the company name).
- Don't get too verbose - 2-3 sentences will do.
- Remember to avoid first person pronouns.
- Don't Write General Resume Goals– Always adapt them to the company you are applying for.
3. Prepare a memorable kitchen helper job description section for your resume
The job description is one of the most important sections of your resume., so make sure you prepare it properly. Here you describe your roles and try to show a hiring manager your best qualifications.
To highlight the best of your responsibilities on your kitchen helper resume, follow these tips:
- Start with your last position first, and follow-up with previous work experience.
- Include a job title, company name and dates of employment for each job title mentioned in your kitchen help resume.
- Your work experience should be described at most6 markers for each position. The more up-to-date your position is, the more bookmarks you add.
- Start each point with a strong pointaction wordfor more impact.
- Include only your relevant experience, discuss measurable successes, and use quantifiable data (numbers, percentages).
Keep reading:How to List Professional Accomplishments on Your Resume and Get a Job
4. Writing and Training Section for Your Kitchen Hand Resume
Some might say you have a natural talent for cooking or you should stop looking for a job in the hospitality industry. You couldn't be more wrong! School, especially culinary school, is a very important step on the road to professional success, so don't overlook the education section of your resume for a kitchen helper.
- If you are an experienced candidate,Provide only your highest grade, provide name of school and dates attended.
- If you are writing a resume for a kitchen help with no experience,List your highest degree and add information about academic awards, honors, extracurricular activities or projects to show that you've acquired a variety of skills that can be useful on the job.
When creating a resume in our builder, drag and drop bullets and skills and auto-fill the boring stuff. spell check?Check. Start building oneprofessional resume template here for free.
Create my resume now
when you finishZety Resume Builderassesses your CV and tells youExactlyhow to do better
5. Show the best of your skills on your kitchen help resume
Are you ready to show off your best skills to a recruiter? But you're not sure which skills to choose. Here is the answer:
- Read your job advertisement andIdentify preferred company skills. Liste as hard skills e soft skills.
- Look at the list and think about which of these skills you really have.
- Put these skills on your kitchen hand resume.
Kitchen Help Resume Skills
- prepare meals
- Helping the chef in the kitchen
- menu planning
- Serve food in the correct portions
- Store supplies and groceries
- clean kitchen countertops
- Garbage and waste disposal
- wash the dishes
- stress resistance
6. Add more sections to your kitchen hand resume
Do you have language skills, relevant courses or certificates you want to brag about? This is your moment to shine as you can list the following on your kitchen help resume:
- language proficiency
- Certificates and Courses
- Honors for Special Achievements
- Hobbies and Interests
- volunteer activities
Pro tip:Don't forget to indicate your language skills. You can use the...GERlevels for this purpose.
7. Write a cover letter for a kitchen helper resume
You've just written your resume for a kitchen help and you might be tempted to think your application is closed. You couldn't be more wrong. To increase your chances of being invited for an interview, you should write a compelling cover letter alongside your resume as a kitchen helper.
Proceed as follows:
- Choose a professionalcover letter formatthat match your resume.
- Enter your personal contact details and indicate the recipient at the top of the document.
- Tell the recruiter who you are in the first paragraph of your cover letter.
- Show your relevance in the middle paragraphexperience and discuss specific services.
- In the third paragraph,explain your motivation and how you can benefit the company.
- End your cover letter witha call to action.
- Write no more than 3-4 paragraphs.
- Save your cover letter in PDF format.
keep reading:A step-by-step guide to writing the perfect cover letter for your resume
Also, a great cover letter that matches your resume will give you an edge over other applicants. You can write in ourCover letter generator here.It might look like this:
View moreCover letter templates and start writing.
That's all you need to know to write a perfect kitchen hand resume.
Do you have a question or comment about how to write a successful kitchen helper resume? Let us know in the comments section!